“Hot Mikado weaves a hilarious tale where, despite life or death stakes, characters still find time to tap their toes and do their fair share of scatting,” according to Mitishows Web site, Wesleyan’s production of the Hot Mikado was featured for students, faculty and family members at the red carpet premiere on February 3, 2016. Kendra Morris and Shelley Nobles greeted attendees on the red carpet and welcomed them to the show.
1. What colleges are you applying to? Cornell, Villanova, Catholic U, Sewanee, George Washington, UGA and Massachusetts Maritime.
2. What were you involved with in high school? Model Arab League, Rocket Club, Cross Country and Lacrosse.
3. Who was your first Wesleyan crush? Maddie Frye, Junior year.
4. What is your most embarrassing moment? First day ever at Wesleyan, I walked into the wrong science class and didn’t realize I was in the wrong class until the period was almost over.
5. What is one thing you wish you had done in high school? Continued my career in the high school yearbook.
6. What is the theme song to your life? “Hips Don’t Lie” by Shakira.
7. If you could be any faculty member, who would you be? Why? Joshua C. Smith. His hair cut and beard really balance each other out, but most importantly he is an awesome guy who truly cares about everyone.
8. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you? Guy Fieri, a camp stove, and all of the blockbuster films from the 80s.
9. What do you hope your life will be like in 10 years? Hopefully, I will be living in the suburbs with my Bernese mountain dog and a nice 401k.
10. Assuming you had 24 hours to live, what would you do with your remaining hours? I would thank all the people who made a difference in my life.
Super Bowl 50 brought together the two best teams during the regular season, for what became a defensive showdown. Peyton Manning’s Broncos took on Cam Newton’s Panthers in what became a defensive showdown. Super Bowl 50 saw the largest age gap between two quarterbacks: a 39-year-old Manning played in his fourth super bowl, while Newton at 26, played in his first.
Valentine’s Day…for some, the year’s best holiday of the year and for others a day that is commonly dreaded. We have been conditioned to believe that this is a day set aside for significant others to spend the day together and for everyone to shower their families with boxes of chocolates and bouquets of flowers. We feel like we are not worthy if we don’t have a “valentine” but that is just simply not true.
Members of Wesleyan’s Fine Arts department got a chance to display their work recently in the Scholastic and Shutter Sense competitions.
The Scholastic Art and Writing Awards is a non-profit organization that seeks to identify talented high school artists. Submissions are judged by well known and highly acclaimed artists and experts. A number of Wesleyan students won Gold and Silver Key awards as well as honorable mentions.
Enjoy these samples of artwork by Wesleyan students.