There are many extracurricular activities at Wesleyan including sports, fine arts and more, but many are unaware of the academic clubs. There are exactly 31 student clubs in the high school at Wesleyan. Several of the popular academic clubs include the Academic Quiz Bowl, Debate Club, History Bowl, Math Team and Model Arab League.
The Social Science department at Wesleyan influences students in various ways, including in the classroom or through extra-curricular activities. Every social science teacher shared their sweet or sour moments while teaching.
- Where did you go to college/what is your degree? Oglethorpe University in Brookhaven, Ga. And a B.S. in Biology.
- What made you want to work at Wesleyan? After I interviewed, I wanted to work at Wesleyan because. . . It is the best place to work, I met incredible people, we can worship and talk about God here, I like green and gold, I love biology and environmental science, and the teaching position available was for those courses, It is close to home and It was an answer to a prayer.
- What are three things you can’t live without? God, a planner, and coffee.
- If your life were a movie, what actor would you cast as yourself? My life would not be a movie. It would be a book because some things can’t be captured in movies. Words are more powerful and descriptive. If my life were a book, I would like F. Scott Fitzgerald or King Solomon to write that book.
- What is something you wish you had done in high school?
- If you weren’t a teacher, what would you do? Be a student. I love to learn.
- Where is the coolest place you have ever traveled? Charleston, SC. It was my honeymoon destination. Also, Charleston is beautiful and historic. It’s like traveling back in time with a lot of color.