For technology specialist and veteran Cristian Piedra, nothing says “thank you” to American heroes like 1,500 members of the Wesleyan community gathered in Yancey Gymnasium to celebrate Veterans Day. “We don’t ask for anything as servicemen, and the fact that we are recognized and celebrated is more than enough.”
- What colleges are you applying to? Auburn, Clemson, Georgia and Georgia Tech.
- Who was your first Wesleyan crush? Olivia Frye.
- What was your most embarrassing Wesleyan moment? I accidentally said my name was Daniel Salyers when I hosted a pep rally with Daniel junior year.
- What will you miss most about Wesleyan? I will miss seeing all my friends and teachers that I’ve grown close with.
- What is one thing you wished you had done in High School? I wish I applied for Peer Leadership.
- What are three things you cannot live without? My family, sports and my phone.
- What was your dream job when you were a little kid versus what is your dream job now? When I was a kid I wanted to be a soldier, but now I want to be an owner of an NFL Team (preferably the Falcons).
- What colleges are you applying to? I am attending Wofford.
- Who was your first Wesleyan crush? Tommy Wagner.
- What was your most embarrassing Wesleyan moment? I always wet my pants during cross country races.
- What will you miss most about Wesleyan? The Homecoming Dance.
- What is one thing you wished you had done in High School? Track.
- What are three things you cannot live without? Camp, laughing and friends.
- What was your dream job when you were a little kid versus what is your dream job now? I have always wanted to be a dentist or orthodontist.
After months of hard work and practicing, nine Wesleyan wrestlers made it all the way to the state finals. The same nine Wesleyan wrestlers that qualified for sectionals also qualified for state. In order to qualify for state, a wrestler needs to place in the top four at sectionals.
Wesleyan’s 2016 Homecoming Court was comprised of a male and female representative from grades nine through eleven, and 5 girls and 5 boys from the senior class.
Homecoming King and Queen were crowned at the football game on Friday (Oct. 21). Scroll down to find out who won.
J’ernai Argilagos (9th)
- How does it feel to be on this year’s homecoming court? It feels awesome! I’m really excited for my first homecoming as a high schooler, let alone being on the court!
- What are you most looking forward to as a member of the homecoming court? I’m looking forward to the homecoming float.
- If you could choose any theme for theme days, what would it be? I would choose Nickelodeon TV shows as a theme.
- What movie character do you identify with most and why? I would say that I identify most with Olaf from Frozen, because I love giving out hugs, I care about my friends and I am always really energetic.
- If you could nominate any teacher to be Homecoming King or Queen, who would it be and why? I would choose Ms. Sims and Coach Paroli. I would choose them because they are both really nice and funny! They are also really fun to have as teachers!
- If you could party with any historical figure, who would it be and why? I would probably party with Leonardo Da Vinci, because he was an amazing artist and I would love to learn from him. Plus he seems like a pretty cool dude! Keep Reading