This spring, nine athletes are taking a big step and signing with various colleges to continue their athletic career. Athletes perform in various sports such as: baseball, basketball, cross country and football. These athletes will soon attend schools all around the country. Keep Reading
After months of hard work and practicing, nine Wesleyan wrestlers made it all the way to the state finals. The same nine Wesleyan wrestlers that qualified for sectionals also qualified for state. In order to qualify for state, a wrestler needs to place in the top four at sectionals.
- What colleges are you applying to? Davidson College.
- What were you involved with in high school? Football, Wrestling, Peer Leadership, Hand in Hand and Lacrosse.
- Who was your first Wesleyan crush? Katherine Facteau in fifth grade.
- What is your most embarrassing moment? When I was younger my uncles used to mess with me and my brother by “pantsing” us sometimes. So I always thought that was just a normal thing to do. So one time we went to Dairy Queen with a bunch of our friends. Since I thought “pantsing” people was a perfectly normal thing to do, I decided to do it to one of my friends. Instead of everyone laughing at me like I thought they would, I got a stern talking to from my mom as everyone just stared at me like I was crazy (including the other customers at the DQ). I now know that “pantsing” people in public is frowned upon.
- What is one thing you wish you had done in high school? I wish I had been able to try out water polo.
- What is the theme song to your life? “Huntin’, Fishin’, and Lovin’ Every Day” by Luke Bryan or “Water” by Brad Paisley.
- If you could be any faculty member, who would you be? Why? Mr. Stromie, because he really loves what he does and he always seems to be in a good mood.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you? Three knives.
- What do you hope your life will be like in 10 years? Hopefully, I’ll be just out of med school and starting my own practice.
- Assuming you had 24 hours to live, what would you do with your remaining hours? Fly to Australia and go scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef.