Thirty five out of the thirty-six weeks of the Wesleyan school year are filled with countless assessments, Bible papers and piles of homework; Homecoming Week is the one week out of the year where school becomes a little less serious. It is a time where students trade the uniforms for silly costumes and this year, the school went from a normal high school in Georgia to the red carpet in Hollywood.
Wesleyan’s 2016 Homecoming Court was comprised of a male and female representative from grades nine through eleven, and 5 girls and 5 boys from the senior class.
Homecoming King and Queen were crowned at the football game on Friday (Oct. 21). Scroll down to find out who won.
J’ernai Argilagos (9th)
- How does it feel to be on this year’s homecoming court? It feels awesome! I’m really excited for my first homecoming as a high schooler, let alone being on the court!
- What are you most looking forward to as a member of the homecoming court? I’m looking forward to the homecoming float.
- If you could choose any theme for theme days, what would it be? I would choose Nickelodeon TV shows as a theme.
- What movie character do you identify with most and why? I would say that I identify most with Olaf from Frozen, because I love giving out hugs, I care about my friends and I am always really energetic.
- If you could nominate any teacher to be Homecoming King or Queen, who would it be and why? I would choose Ms. Sims and Coach Paroli. I would choose them because they are both really nice and funny! They are also really fun to have as teachers!
- If you could party with any historical figure, who would it be and why? I would probably party with Leonardo Da Vinci, because he was an amazing artist and I would love to learn from him. Plus he seems like a pretty cool dude! Keep Reading