In the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, schools all across the country have instated a new program for students and teachers alike that will help keep the school year going strong. This new program, called distance learning, has been used as an outlet for teachers to engage with students online, assigning homework and assessments on the school’s website. The main question everyone is asking is, “Will distance learning be the best possible method to engage students in the virtual classroom?”
What college are you going to/ applying to?
My top choice is UGA, but I am also applying to FSU, Clemson, Notre Dame, UNC, UT Austin, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, GCSU, the University of South Carolina and of course Epic Bible College.
Who was your first Wesleyan crush? When?
Avery Beall in eighth grade.
If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you bring with you?
That one jar of dirt from “Pirates of the Caribbean”, a life-sized cutout of Danny DeVito and a hard copy of essay option #3 on the Common App. Looking for a challenge.
What was your dream job when you were a little kid verses what is your dream job now?
When I was younger, I wanted to be the type of engineer that designs roller coasters for a living until I realized that I was mediocre at math and science. Now, I would love to practice entertainment law.
Where do you expect to see yourself in 10 years?
Living in an apartment in Boston with my roommates: Hannibal Buress, Hunter Suits, Will Parrish, Donald Conley and Senõr Vallejo.
What was your most embarrassing moment at Wesleyan?
The entirety of eighth grade.
With the arrival of spring, anticipation for prom started to bloom. On April 13, Wesleyan was transformed into a magical enchanted forest, complete with a dance floor and snacks for students to enjoy.
The prom committee is a club of students that are the ones behind planning prom. The team starts to plan in August. The theme is the first order of business for the committee. “we picked the theme by presenting our ideas [to the committee], and then we all voted on our favorite,” said junior Caroline Willis. After the theme is decided, the “prom com” starts to work on decorations, food and the band. Keep Reading
Andy Randrup –
- What Math class do you teach? AP Calculus (AB).
- How long have you been working at Wesleyan? This is my first year.
- What made you want to be a Math teacher? Math has always come very easy to me. In high school, I enjoyed helping others understand their Math assignment. During my junior year in high school I decided to go in the Army for 20 years and then retire and teach high school math. God had different timing for me.
- What is your favorite in-class memory? I had a deal with 5th period that I would give them cookies if every single student had their laptops open, notes ready and calculator on their desk when class started. One day they did, except Stevie Crawford walked in late, but he literally walked in with his laptop open, and his calculator in his hand.
- What is your favorite Wesleyan memory? Pretty much every day laughing with my students.
- Most embarrassing moment at Wesleyan? Fortunately, I’m too old to really care when I mess up…and when I do, I’m too old to remember.