Do you have your cookies ready for Santa? Here is a tasty and simple Christmas cookie recipe for the holiday season.
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
14 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks), at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Add butter into the bowl and mix on medium for about a minute. Then add the sugar in gradually as the mixer is still going.
3. Wisk the butter and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Add the mixture into the medium bowl and turn the mixer back on to medium power.
4. Scrape the dough out of the bowl and place in plastic wrap and pound the dough down to an inch. Then place in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
5. Take the dough out of the fridge and put flour on the counter and start rolling the dough out. Then take cookie cutter and cut the desired shape.
6. Set the oven to 375 and bake the cookies for about 10 minutes.
7. Take the cookies out of the oven and decorate them with icing and sprinkles.