Whether they are swimming in the Davidson Natatorium, wrestling in the Hoover Mezzanine or shooting hoops in Yancey Gymnasium, you will never see the wolves under the weather. The winter wolves are prepared for another season this year. Keep Reading
With all the talent Wesleyan students have, it is bound to happen that some may commit to play sports at the collegiate level. Each season, there is a signing ceremony where certain athletes officially commit and are celebrated for their athletic accomplishments. This fall, five senior girls participated in the ceremony, playing sports like lacrosse, softball, volleyball and basketball. Each athlete has been playing their sports for many years and are all excited to play at a collegiate level. Keep Reading
- What colleges are you applying to? Auburn, Clemson, Georgia and Georgia Tech.
- Who was your first Wesleyan crush? Olivia Frye.
- What was your most embarrassing Wesleyan moment? I accidentally said my name was Daniel Salyers when I hosted a pep rally with Daniel junior year.
- What will you miss most about Wesleyan? I will miss seeing all my friends and teachers that I’ve grown close with.
- What is one thing you wished you had done in High School? I wish I applied for Peer Leadership.
- What are three things you cannot live without? My family, sports and my phone.
- What was your dream job when you were a little kid versus what is your dream job now? When I was a kid I wanted to be a soldier, but now I want to be an owner of an NFL Team (preferably the Falcons).
- What colleges are you applying to? I am attending Wofford.
- Who was your first Wesleyan crush? Tommy Wagner.
- What was your most embarrassing Wesleyan moment? I always wet my pants during cross country races.
- What will you miss most about Wesleyan? The Homecoming Dance.
- What is one thing you wished you had done in High School? Track.
- What are three things you cannot live without? Camp, laughing and friends.
- What was your dream job when you were a little kid versus what is your dream job now? I have always wanted to be a dentist or orthodontist.
The varsity girls basketball team traveled to Georgia Tech on Friday to compete for the state title. They faced Holy Innocents, a long-time rival, and the same opponent they faced the past 2 years. Wesleyan fell to the Bears twice in the regular season, but they won when it mattered the most, the region championship game. This victory gave them an easier path to the championship. Keep Reading