Every spring break, Wesleyan sends hundreds of students and faculty to different countries and communities around the world to serve on mission trips. This year, eleven trips were sent out to serve. The trips offered included; Atlanta, Bulgaria, Chattanooga, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic Score, Dominican Republic Makarios, Ecuador, Guatemala, Jamaica and Puerto Rico.
As the month of February shifts out of focus, March brings in a new celebration spotlighting Women’s History. An integral part of this month is to show the traits of perseverance, resilience and bravery women have within them.
Andy Randrup –
- What Math class do you teach? AP Calculus (AB).
- How long have you been working at Wesleyan? This is my first year.
- What made you want to be a Math teacher? Math has always come very easy to me. In high school, I enjoyed helping others understand their Math assignment. During my junior year in high school I decided to go in the Army for 20 years and then retire and teach high school math. God had different timing for me.
- What is your favorite in-class memory? I had a deal with 5th period that I would give them cookies if every single student had their laptops open, notes ready and calculator on their desk when class started. One day they did, except Stevie Crawford walked in late, but he literally walked in with his laptop open, and his calculator in his hand.
- What is your favorite Wesleyan memory? Pretty much every day laughing with my students.
- Most embarrassing moment at Wesleyan? Fortunately, I’m too old to really care when I mess up…and when I do, I’m too old to remember.
The Wesleyan Gala took place on March 2 at the Loews Hotel in Atlanta. The Annual Wesleyan Gala is an event that brings the community together. It is a time to dress up and celebrate what Wesleyan has done over the past few years.
The Gala is made up of a live and silent auction, dinner and band.
There are hundreds of people that show their support for Wesleyan at the Gala. Teachers and faculty attend, along with alumni, alumni parents and friends of the Wesleyan community.
What college are you applying to / going to?
Georgia Tech, UVA, CU Boulder and Yale.
Who was your first Wesleyan crush?
What was your most embarrassing Wesleyan moment?
At one of the first lunches in my second semester as a senior, I tripped going through the door and fell flat on lunchroom floor in front of everyone trying to get in. Throughout lunch, people came up to me and told me how hilarious it was.
What is one thing you wished you had done in high school?
I wish I had been able to take an art class or two.
If you had 24 hours left to live, what would you do?
I would go on a road trip with my closest friends, going as far as we could make it and stopping anywhere, we want along the way.
What was your dream job when you were a little kid versus what is your dream job now?
I wanted to be either veterinarian or an astronaut, and I still want to be an astronaut. Keep Reading