Andy Randrup –
- What Math class do you teach? AP Calculus (AB).
- How long have you been working at Wesleyan? This is my first year.
- What made you want to be a Math teacher? Math has always come very easy to me. In high school, I enjoyed helping others understand their Math assignment. During my junior year in high school I decided to go in the Army for 20 years and then retire and teach high school math. God had different timing for me.
- What is your favorite in-class memory? I had a deal with 5th period that I would give them cookies if every single student had their laptops open, notes ready and calculator on their desk when class started. One day they did, except Stevie Crawford walked in late, but he literally walked in with his laptop open, and his calculator in his hand.
- What is your favorite Wesleyan memory? Pretty much every day laughing with my students.
- Most embarrassing moment at Wesleyan? Fortunately, I’m too old to really care when I mess up…and when I do, I’m too old to remember.
- Where did you go to college/what is your degree? Oglethorpe University in Brookhaven, Ga. And a B.S. in Biology.
- What made you want to work at Wesleyan? After I interviewed, I wanted to work at Wesleyan because. . . It is the best place to work, I met incredible people, we can worship and talk about God here, I like green and gold, I love biology and environmental science, and the teaching position available was for those courses, It is close to home and It was an answer to a prayer.
- What are three things you can’t live without? God, a planner, and coffee.
- If your life were a movie, what actor would you cast as yourself? My life would not be a movie. It would be a book because some things can’t be captured in movies. Words are more powerful and descriptive. If my life were a book, I would like F. Scott Fitzgerald or King Solomon to write that book.
- What is something you wish you had done in high school?
- If you weren’t a teacher, what would you do? Be a student. I love to learn.
- Where is the coolest place you have ever traveled? Charleston, SC. It was my honeymoon destination. Also, Charleston is beautiful and historic. It’s like traveling back in time with a lot of color.